Better Behaviour considers three key areas: how to avert misbehaviour, how to stay in control of yourself, and how to intervene strategically when misbehaviour starts. Master these three areas and you master behaviour management.
Each standalone session gives you the skills you need to ensure that good quality learning can happen in your classroom. The skills, in turn, are broken down into their component parts, making them easy to replicate and embed into your teaching practice. Of course, there’s also a helpful mix of theory and research, but the focus is on the skills you need.
- The Fundamentals
The fundamentals include teacher clarity, teacher presence, lesson challenge and withitness. You will also be introduced to something called the ‘100% Rule’ – a simple yet powerful way to keep students on task. Classroom layout will also be considered.
- Rules & Routines (& Norms)
Rules and routines are the bedrock of effective behaviour management. This session will share four rules that can be used in any educational setting. A simple method to embed routines will also be introduced, and key routines will be explored in depth.
- The Teacher-Student Relationship
The teachers who are best at behaviour management have an excellent teacher-student relationship style. This session will pinpoint the features of that style, noting what works and (just as importantly) what doesn’t.
- Teacher Self-Control
In order to manage student behaviour effectively, you have to manage your own emotional and cognitive reactions. You will be given a tried-and-trusted method for doing exactly that.
- Strategic Intervention
Misbehaviour will happen. This session looks at what to do when it does – that is, how to intervene efficiently and effectively so that students are quickly back on track.
If you’ve attended one of my sessions for ResearchED, PiXL or the National Education Union, you will probably be familiar with some of the material. That said, the course in its entirety is only available online.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Presenter: Robin Launder (me)
- Course duration: Five sessions over five weeks (access for three months)
- Session duration: About 60 minutes
- Session day: Sessions are recorded – watch the sessions whenever you want.
- Start date: Enrol today to start the course.
- Cost (individual): Just £49 for the full five sessions
- Cost (whole school – primary): £495
- Cost (whole school – secondary): £695
- Refund policy: No-quibble and instant.